City of Thunder Bay Maps
City of Thunder Bay maps can be used to navigate our city and locate City Services.
- City of Thunder Bay Map This is the main City map which provides interactive features to help you navigate the city and features of our city. See below for map features.
- City Bike Lanes and Multi-Use Trails Map Adobe PDF, 2 Pages, 4.8 MB
Thunder Bay has over 45 kms of multi-use trails and over 30 kms of bike lanes and shared lanes.
- Transit Route Map
This map shows all Transit Routes on the interactive City of Thunder Bay Map (click on "Legend" to see the colour-coded names of each bus route).
To see specific Tranisit route information, bus schedules and more visit our Transit webpage.
To see when the next bus will arrive at your stop, visit the NextBus service.
- Waste Collection Maps & Schedules
Enter your address and you will find your corresponding waste collection calendar.
About the City of Thunder Bay Map
Note: The mapping software has been upgraded. The new HTML5 viewer will be coming once it has been configured. This will replace the Silverlight viewer, so please do not bookmark the Silverlight viewer links. Please check back to this page for updates.
We have recently made improvements to our mapping system to give you the ability to:
- Pan and Zoom to your area(s) of interest
- Search for specific features on the map
- Display additional information about map features
- Measure of the length and area of features
- Make annotations directly on the map
- Share your map with others
- Print and create reports on features and information contained within the map
- Get driving directions
- Locate nearby facilities within a given radius
- Link to Google Maps (including Google Street view) and Bing Maps
The mapping system enables you to switch between map filters for the City. The various map filters available include:
Navigating the Map
The map has many navigation features that make it easy to move around. For example, you can click the map and scroll your mouse wheel to zoom in and out, or, if you have a touch screen, you can touch and drag the map to move it around, double-tap to zoom in, or pinch to zoom out.
"I Want To" Shortcut Menu
This is a menu shortcut for frequently-used tools such as getting directions, finding places nearby, printing a map, and other commonly used functions.
Get additional Map Help.